BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, March 7, 2010

We Pulled it Off



My grandma's 80th birthday is tomorrow. To celebrate, we planned a surprise party. My aunt flew in from Florida and my uncle flew in from Indianapolis. Her other three kids live here. We are pretty sure this was the first time all five of Grandma's "kids" have been together since my grandpa died about seven years ago.

The day started out not so good. We reserved a private room at Village Inn (because the room was free). When we got there, they told us that they had double-booked the room and they would have to put tables together for us in the main dining room. It turned out ok. Grandma didn't see us at first and was very surprised!

After breakfast we spent the day laughing, talking, playing games, and, of course, eating at our house.

My Grandma is a special lady. She watches C-dub for a couple of hours two or three days a week while I work. She makes him laugh more than anyone else. He lights up when she comes into the room. I think this quote sums up how C-dub feels about Grandma:

"Grandma always made you feel she had been waiting to see just you all day and now the day was complete." ~Marcy DeMaree

What memories do you have of your grandma?

2 comments:

MOM said...

Yep! We did! Don't think I've ever seen her so surprised. :-) By the way we need to share this picture. It's a good one.

SeekerofGrace said...

How sweet! I'm glad you all got to get together. How awesome to have a grandma nearby for little C to grow up with. :D